The storyteller – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)
Statutory warning – Spoilers, Explicit content
So here’s the deal,
Jonathan Liebesman’s new release,‘ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)‘ is a good movie to watch.
Director Jonathan Liebesman -teenage mutant ninja turtles 2014
To Humor such a long name, let’s call it old and goody ‘a Ninja Turtles movie’ instead 😀
A. Movie plot : The foot gang spreads malice in the city. Ninja turtles are vigilante’ that keep bumping up their plans. The driving motive for turtles’ heroic is unclear. The protagonist (turtles) are driven by curiosity and adrenalin. However the background, their decision to fight for city is unclear.Likewise, the history of the foot gang is missing. Megan fox plays a rookie reporter.She accidentally drops into middle of few combats and pursuant to it, connects her in the turtle’s story.
B. Movie Story : It’s very agreeable to the old comics & TV series of ninja turtles.
These teenage ninja turtles keep showing up to malice in city. Megan fox accidentally peeks into a crime scene and uncovers the turtles as vigilante of New York city. Her involvement with uncovering these turtles leads her into her past.Meanwhile, the assault of foot gang grows stronger . The turning point appears to be the bust into turtles’s safe home in severs.The story doesn’t involve lot of twist and turns, neither it has much unveiling elements. It’s quite flat , yet full of turtle comedy and action sequences .Though, there is one important revelation towards the end.
Climax has lot of eyegasmic action scenes. It is filled with compact comedy and superb action. The best thing about the story, is that it rises towards the end. It holds action & comedy all along.
Ninja turtles (movie ,2014)
C. Movie Screenplay : The 3-D experience is viewer- friendly. The appearance, stature & character depiction of turtles is right on money.The costumes, energy level, combat skills, underground turtle bunker , techi/teenage turtle talks is wonderful and adds brilliantly to the comedy-action combo.
The weaker link, is sequences of Megan fox in her solo scenes & desperate reporter modes.The acting is downright flat and meager. The scenes at the villain end are stereotypical. It is however gullible to some extent, it aligns with the old comics style.
There is a plenty load of fresh action and comedy. It is’ trademark turtle’ stuff 😀 and holds the audience in applause & laughter. It is very originally thought out. In short, turtles hold 80% of good experience, 15% is held by villians & 3-5% by megan fox.
D. Villain : Shredder, leader of the foot gang-is heavy weight, always dressed in iron suit, equipped with knives & holds high martial art skills.However, his charisma is very off-putting & there is no info on his history.He is just a tough iron suit with no smart dialogues.The gang members are shown incompetent,they look like mannequins ,practicing dolls for turtles & they are unable to add any presence in the combat sequences.
Villain shredder – teenage mutant ninja turtles, 2014 movie
Mr. sax is the schemer for all evil plans. The role is limited to providing information & managing his scum lab.
The villainous end could have created more charisma with dialogues & providing elaborated role to Mr. Sax.
E. Megan Fox hotness Quotient:-
This is an extra and un-usual addition in my review. I feel it is quite necessary, considering the hype over Megan fox’s world class hotness notion.
It is downright disappointing & dry in this movie. She moves around the full time, in one or two pair of clothes. ( brown jacket, black trousers).Considering her U.S.P. being hotness, nothing is dropped hot on the screen.There are no hot dresses, no skin revelation or providing any kind of steam! It actually din’t matter for a minute, who is playing a hot reporter in the movie! The hotness tag is completely down-played & cut-out!
Megan fox , playing reporter in the movie
Megan fox, side profile, reporter in ninja turtles, movie- 2014
Megan fox, no hotness dropped in movie
If i were the producer of this movie, I could get more hotness for lesser budget! & hype maybe. Ingenuously speaking, that is all is required in such a plot! There’s not much scope for reporter’ acting & neither one can employ a stalwart actress to this role ( nor it is!!) Mr. Producer, please get hotness & get rid of unworthy brands & hype!
This is what you guys missed from megan fox. Some dose of this! & movie would have been a ‘hell-yeah’! 😀
F. Movie Acting :
1. Turtles : Fabulous, comic, consistent to character & highly like-able.
2. Villian : Stereotypical, stoical, lacks charisma, lacks expression.
3. Megan Fox : Needs more skin tan!
Acting is meagre, dialogue delivery has no voice modulation, face expressions are stony. She needs to laugh out loud to look more natural! & she should look more emotionally/mentallyvulnerable in such a plot!
Here, she looks very firm, mentally resolved & a situation handler. It goes against the scenes.
G. Summarizing flaws in the movie:-
1. Why did the turtles turn ninja & how did they procure such an expert training & typical weaponry by living in sewers!(reasons shown are insufficient.)
2. The primary motto of the dreaded foot-gang is missing. They are guided & driven by Mr. sax.
3. The plan to create chemical catastrophe & sell anti-dote could be achieved with synthesis of another chemical & another anti-dote also!! The specialty of ‘turtle-blood’ plan wasn’t dexterously laid out.
4. why does a professional reporter ( Megan Fox) doesn’t shoot her story with a professional camera/handy-cam. She roams around with a phone camera! It seems like a very loose and un-thoughtful end.
5. First encounter, it is very difficult to distinguish whether a smuggling or a normal container shifting is being processed on the docks.How does megan fox pre-meditatively, marks it as a crime scene from such a distant /difficult view outside.
6. Second encounter, it is ridiculous to see how a rookie reporter enters a terrorized metro station and right from the Main entrance! She courageously charges in, rather sneaking would have seemed more realistic and genuine.It does not hold, even with the most risk taking reporting! She could have sneaked in from another door & then get caught as scripted instead.
7. The driving motive of turtles, ‘saving New York city‘ is un-consolidated.
Junkman’s movie review – teenage mutant ninja turtles (2014)
Junkman’s movie Score parameters –
- Screenplay ( 2points ,most important in a comic based movie)
- Overall comedy & action ( 2 points, entertainment driver of movie)
- Story (1 point)
- Plot(1 point)
- Villian (1 point, importance of antagonist is imminent)
- final encounter/climax ( (1 point)
- Acting (1 point)
- justification to comics/series (1 point, unavoidable parameter , binds viewer’s expectation beforehand)
- Cliche/flaws( -1 point, negatives used to reduce the total score)
- Extra point ( 1 point, efforts on surrounding elements)
Junkman’s Movie Score :
- Screenplay ( 90%)
- Overall comedy & action (95%,excellent)
- Story (75%, loose ends)
- plot ( 75% , errors)
- villain ( 80% , less charisma)
- final encounter ( 100%, good action & comedy)
- Acting (80%, loosing points on Megan Fox)
- Justification to mocis/Series (90% , consistent to fan’s imagination)
- cliche/flaws ( -50%, minor flaws)
- Extra points (0% , no efforts on hotness of reporter, no great villian plan & charisma)
Junkman’s Overall movie rating/score calculation : 1.8+1.9+0.75+0.75+0.8+1+0.8+0.9-0.5+0 = 8.2
Junkman’ movie rating/score ( real & apparent rating) = 82% or 8.2/10
Junkman’s conclusion – fun movie, definitely one time watch, original turtle action & good comedy.worth spending money.
This analysis is critical,
Movie Review : Teenage mutant ninja turtle (2014)
You must be logged in to post a comment.